At NPPS there is a long tradition of strong pupil voice, leadership and participation. For many years, this has been recognised as a key strength of our school.
Not only do pupils meet on a weekly basis for School Council sessions, but there are a number of ways we encourage pupils to take decisions, develop leadership skills and affect change.
We now have a team of ambassadors who have been given specific responsibilities and leadership roles within the school community.
Please click on the links below for more information about our ambassador programmes and how to apply.
These are some of the examples of pupil voice and pupil leadership opportunities in our school;
- School Council
- Article 12 Ambassadors – Appointed from the membership of School Council to protect the rights of the child to participate in decision making and to promote the right of the child to be listened to.
- Change Ambassadors – Health (red sash), Faith, Belief and Values (blue sash), Travel (purple sash), Global Citizenship (green sash) and Attendance (orange sash)
- Peer mentors
- Reading buddies
- Year 6 Eco Volunteers
- Regular Pupil Surveys
- Suggestion Boxes in all classes
- Annual involvement in National ‘WE Day’ event
- Pupil conferences about learning
- School-to-school pupil conferences
- Pupil led projects such as ‘We are Britain’
- Links with other school councils and groups of pupils from other schools in the UK, Europe and beyond
- As part of our work towards the Rights Respecting Schools Award
- Pupils’ involvement in planning various whole school events and fundraising such as Green Day and Children in Need
- Regular reporting opportunities to the Governing Body